Monday, May 14, 2012

On Our Way

Well the big day is finally here.

In the past I have to admit I have not been the most organised of travellers.  I leave packing to the last minute, usually forget something and leave home in a panic.   Well, not this time.   I am writing this as I sit on the couch, calm and completely organised.

Our bags are packed (hopefully with everything we will need) and most amazingly, they are both WELL under the allocated baggage allowance.  This is nothing short of a miracle considering 3 years ago when we went on our cruise, I left Melbourne already 10 kg over weight (the bags of course ... I was waaaaaay more over weight than that!).  When we returned home I think I was nearly 20kg over. 
 It cost us a fortune and I vowed there and then that I would never overpack again!

So our fur babies are at the cattery (quite a few tears shed over that one), the house is spotless, fridge empty and I think everything has been crossed off the 'to do' list.

We have a fairly long day ahead of us.  We leave Melbourne at 13:35 and fly to Sydney.  The flight to Honolulu leaves there are 18:00 and arrives at 8:45am TODAY!!!   I really struggle to get my head around the whole time change thing.  I mean, I understand how and why it happens but it just seems very weird arriving at a place before you have left home.

The big excitement for today is that we have an up-grade to Business Class for the flight to Hawaii.   I picked up a very cheap deal for this and believe me, I cannot wait to experience life at the pointy end of the plane!!!   Hope I don't disgrace myself!

Once we arrive in Honolulu, we pick up a hire car for the drive to the North Shore and Turtle Bay Resort.  I am doing the driving (because I am a shocking navigator) so I hope I don't cause any accidents or international incidents!!!

So here we go ........ see you in Hawaii. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment