Friday, May 11, 2012

The Final Countdown

As I write this we have about 70 hours to go before take-off. We have been planning and saving for the past 18 months and it is hard to comprehend that our dream trip is actually going to happen. I am not sure if it will seem more real on take-off, or perhaps it will take until we land in Honolulu?


The butterflies have well and truly settled in my stomach and if I think about what lies before us, it almost feels like my heart skips a beat.


Previously, I posted an itinerary, however there have been quite a few changes since then, so to keep you up to date here is the final edition.


Tues 15 May - Fly to Honolulu via Sydney - drive to North Shore
Sat 19 May - Move to Waikiki
Wed 23 May - Wedding day
Sat 26 May - Fly to Los Angeles
Mon 28 May - Bus to Santa Barbara - Beach Boys concert
Tues 29 May - Bus to LA
Fri 1 June - Fly to Las Vegas
Sun 3 June - Helicopter flight over Grand Canyon
Wed 6 June - Fly to LA / drive to Anaheim
Thurs 7 & Fri 8 - Disneyland
Sat 9 - Drive to San Diego
Mon 11 June - Drive to Monteray
Tues 12 June - Drive to San Francisco
Wed 13 June - Alcatraz tour
Thurs 14 June - Baseball game
Sat 16 June - Train to Seattle
Sun 17 June - Arrive in Seattle
Tues 19 & Wed 20 June - Train to Chicago
Thurs 21 June - Arrive in Chicago
Sun 24 June - Train to Washington
Thurs 28 June - Train to Philadelphia
Fri 29 June - Train to Montreal
Tues 3 July - Train to New York
Friday 6 July - Day trip to Niagara Falls
Tues 10 July - Fly to LA
Wed 11 July - Fly to Melbourne
Fri 13 June - Arrive home


Still with me? Well done!


So obviously the vast amount of the planning and organizing is done. The hardest part has been getting myself ready - - facial, nails, pedicure, hair cut and color etc etc etc! Being a girl is not easy!!! (For any beauty treatments I highly recommend Bryony from B4 Beauty in Romsey. For fabulous hair see Michelle at Mishka Hairdressing in Riddells Creek) Clothes are organised thanks to some nifty alterations by a local dressmaker. I have a plastic bag full of chargers and cords for iPad, iPods, cameras, phones and goodness knows what!!! Yep, I think I have thought of everything. Mind you, I said that the last time we went overseas and then forgot the passports. I have promised friends that they will be chained around my neck this time!


So now you are updated. My next post will probably be just before we take off. Thanks for reading and drop in again soon.


PS: Welcome to my blog Sharyn and Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment